Sunday, February 3, 2019

fundraising & educating

Yesterday I attended an event for high school kids taking a trip to Vietnam and it includes a program that distributes wheelchairs to residents in the country. I learned of this after listening to a speech at the local Kiwanis Club. At first no one spoke to me and visited with three different tables. Since the goal was to make connections and the audience was a large number of high school kids I continued to mix. Then I realized that this opportunity could be turned into an educational fundraiser, there's always afterschool programs that could benefit. When someone spoke of the need to continually find funding for the wheelchairs used by Vietnamese people with disabilities I realized that was the answer. What better way to spread the message than to implement "The Wheel Challenge" in order to fund wheelchairs? Then I met a lady who actually works for Lancaster Intermediate Unit as a job coach. Her placement is at the high school that's running the Vietnam trip. Hopefully this project will offer students a unique chance for educating and fundraising.

No comments:

Post a Comment