Friday, January 15, 2016

Wheeling with new wheels

The origional agency representative who I didn't think was a good match to help with the chilli challenge changed her mind and decided to help...for a week. I just got her email which said she's backing out. I knew it, my gut is usually a good judge. When I wrote her that "I was taking up too much of her time." was a nice way of cutting ties. She didn't get it so we met and she agreed to help. I called my Plan B, a veteran program, and he was more than happy to work with me right away. What a pleaseure to hear him talk about this project. The saddest part about this was that the first lady was from an agency that most people with physical disabilities use. He whole demeanor toward me was demeaning and I'm sure that some of it was due to my having a disability- that's how she treats them.

No comments:

Post a Comment