Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Wheeling with new wheels

A friend suggested that I put a film, of me managing throughout my day, on facebook. At first I did not like the idea- I'm not photogenic. However, I gave it some thought and realized that getting my points across while being in the environment 1)a heavy bathroom door with a low toilet; 2) a salad bar with no ability to reach the other row of food choices may be much more powerful. My first disability presentations were done by film students at NCACC; I showed it so often that I wore it out. This may be a good way to get the attention of the business people and others in the community. I developed an outline and now I will contact the local community college. At the Ability Expo in NJ I will ask people with disabilities what issues should be addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment