Friday, May 12, 2017

Infusing disability awareness

Yesterday was a Health & Wellness Conference- naturally I spoke to vendors about disability awareness at their sites. Many sounded receptive but I'm pretty confident that a few will materialize. I am no longer interested in collaboration since I did the work planning, speaking, and marketing this program. Furthermore, it is actually a Team River Runner Project since they sponsor it. I have finally figured out the content of my website and, like the video I produced then used to death years ago through Northampton Community College, I can't wait to have it published. I'm also helping a teenager with no arms, secure a job at Dutch Wonderland for the summer. How odd this is the disability since the segment on the Sunday Morning Show was of a boy who wanted to be on a basketball team but was rejected due to no arms. This girl will be a good recommendation and she would be the perfect presenter for Infobility. She's done inspirational speeches before. I knew I needed someone with a disability to be my "front person." It's true that when you put a request in the universe things happen. It's odd, I never before decided not to collaborate and I'm being rewarded...strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment