Saturday, May 27, 2017

Giving attention

My friend's 67th birthday is Tuesday. She's so nice to people yet has been taken advantage of, ignored, and talked down to, due to her physical disability. I spent a few hours with her and I didn't feel like I was doing a good deed, I felt like I was with my friend. Last year I got her an ice cream cake that her friend enjoyed like it was the best thing he ever tasted. But this year I got her a cute musical card and a sweater. Periodically I brought her clothes that I didn't want this year it was a purple sweater that was really pretty on the store rack. She totally deserved something new even if she doesn't wear it. Then I took her to McDonald's for her favorite drink. She thanked me a lot and I drove home. Eventually I will bring her one of the 3 puzzles I have that I didn't open. Then I will spray it so it can be framed on her wall. It will be a fun ongoing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment