Sunday, August 27, 2017

Disability for Lancaster

Rather than trying to create small events I may try arranging one big one. I met with the Director of Jewish Family Service who is interested in the agency becoming known for it's services. I pitched the idea of planning the Disability Resource Fair. The idea is to good to ignore but I can't see these disability agencies working together to create a county wide event anytime soon. After 2 meetings they're still getting opinions. I say move on already because families are desperate to learn of what exists in this county. I began writing an outline and my words just took over. What I developed is really comprehensive yet simple. 7 workshops include all facets of life- social/ recreational services, employment, housing, and estate planning. Hopefully a talk with the JFS and building organizer will result in The First Annual Disability Resource Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment