Thursday, May 17, 2018

kayaking a commonality

In a conference for disability and employment in Philadelphia a speaker mentioned that she's excited to be learning how to kayak. Wow we have something interesting/unique to discuss. Of all the people who spoke to her afterwards, I'm sure that no one mentioned that topic. Her help in the area of marketing, her expertise, will do wonders for my confidence. That is a crucial component that has been severely lacking. Another area that is in need of my expertise is strategies for hiring disabled employees. For the first time I feel a realistic confidence for my topic and work. It is too bad that there is no incentive for employers to hire handicapped. I agency staff will work so hard to get people employed but the decision ultimately lies with the employers. I will come up with alternatives- enclaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment