Saturday, May 12, 2018

the right people

I attended 5 expos, 3 health fairs and 2 conferences. Everyone with whom I interacted expressed interest in Team River Runner and Infobility ideas I discussed. A few still sounded promising since they took the time to reply to my notes. In between all of these opportunities I decided lend my my time at a festival-like event for a local agency that houses people with intellectual disabilities. The people I met there are the ones who will make things happen for the veterans organization as well as my own awareness ideas. The people were 2 residential counselors who work 2 two jobs just to make ends meet. The vibe I got from speaking to them (a college student and a massage therapist) proved that "by helping another you really DO help yourself." I can't wait to start growing disability and veteran awareness the way it should be done. The education of employers will result in some good vocational opportunities that have been waiting to happen for years...for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment