Sunday, February 17, 2019

A broken body = a boken mind?

I was eager to see "The Upside" because I knew that I could use something from it for my Disability Dialogues programs going. Writing an opinion article got no response. Now I am planning a speech for a rotary club on Wednesday and I'm thinking of the most effective way. I will use the entire concept of a movie to promote the importance of disability inclusion. Many people were entertained watching Kevin Heart and Nicole Kidman relate to the character with paraplegia. Actually that wasn't the only thing at work; they were educated too. They saw how many "normal" people communicate with those who look differently. It is not something people realize how they react and how it looks and sounds. The man in the wheelchair was actually a successful billionaire. I wonder how people would react to him if they knew about his bank account? People automatically assume that they are broken on the outside so they must be broken on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment