Sunday, February 17, 2019

It's easy!

What's the secret to living a life with a disability? How can I take out the stress in my life? Two words -plan ahead. That's almost the answer. I do this when planning a trip or going to the corner store. For example I have two appointments coming up but I needed to make sure I could enter the building and the restrooms at both. I called to ensure that the ramp would be ready upon arrival so I wouldn't be late for the meeting. The second involves an outdoor concert with thousands of people. As suspected it will be a process to get the restroom issue taken care of but I know the manager of the event appreciated that I thought ahead, by two months, to make sure everything goes smoothly. After the "non issue" is brought up at next week's planning meeting it will be fine. I will also have a chance to get a ticket early since I was informed of the first ticket stop. It is too easy to just look at the downside and complain (last year I was tempted to sue the portalet company) but that results in a lot of energy spent on anger and I only hurt myself by refusing to attend future shows. Thinking ahead is the most effective and positive way to handle most every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment