Friday, June 19, 2015

Wheeling with new wheels

I always try to see the flip side of everything- often it stays pretty hidden. Since I'm in a wheelchair people often don't take me seriously. Since I expect that, that sounds pretty negative, I do a lot of research behind the scenes. That avoids making wasted trips or running around on a wild goose chase. A simple example is when an item is not in a store as expected. Why waste the gas and energy? A more complex example is when you try to get information on a person. In this world every place has rules of confidentiality. Regardless of how obvious "right" and "wrong" are, people will not get involved, that's just absolutely infuriating! Recently I met an unsavory character whose story sounded shady. I did some checking and by doing that, there was no need to go 11 rounds with social workers, law enforcement, or government workers. I ended up knowing more than they did anyway. I still hate being underestimated.

No comments:

Post a Comment