Saturday, June 27, 2015

Wheeling with new wheels

My city, like most, have stores that a person with limited mobility can't enter. Therefore, on "First Friday's" I don't have as an enjoyable experience as others. Just seeing the steps in front of the store make me want to go inside to browse that much more. I developed a solution and sent it to the Deputy Director of Lancaster's Economic Development. It's so simple and inexpensive it's begging to be implemented, though I'm sure it will get complicated once it leaves my "hands." I call in "windows shopping" and all it requires is that someone maintain a simple website with a paragraph and the website address of each inaccessible store listed. When the customers calls they will identify their special need so the employee can help them "browse" as if they we in the store. I'm curious as to how the official reacted to the idea. I have nothing to lose by sharing it with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment