Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Bigger isn't always better

That is often an assumption made by the public but it can be wrong. For example- a large parking spot that is next to an island; a large bathroom stall with a very low toilet; a large roll-in shower that has a faucet that will be behind me. Often a person with a physical disability needs to really think before they choose something that is considered accessible. I turned down an option that seemed wonderful to most anyone else. It had a parking spot and curb cut in front rather than 80 feet away, like it is for me now. I was totally ready to take it that I really thought about it and asked to see it again. Upon visiting another time I noticed I couldn't get under any of the counters (bathroom or kitchen). The showerhead was either going to be behind me on next to me but too high. The washer was a top loader the dryer was impossible to open and they were both apartment size. The place I have I almost passed it up but on the second visit I realized how I could manage. I really have to have a lot of good foresight when I make a decision- only I know what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment