Sunday, March 12, 2017

People who paddle

I'm always looking for a unique way to do something mundane in life - especially when it comes to exercising. The 1/2 of my body that still worked had an aversion to physical therapy. I figured that transferring to toilets and beds was enough. Then came my latest challenge- neck surgery. 1st there was arthrogryposis, then came scoliosis, now it's spinal stenosis. "osis' that rhyme? I like poetry but this triumvirate is ridiculous. Anyway, what I want usually doesn't exist so I have to create it. I have always had aversion to physical therapy so I quit doing this boring activity. I figured after all these years how I manage, is how I manage. After the surgery I was an inpatient at a rehab center. I figured this was going to be a colossal and costly waste of my time. Nonetheless I joined in and looked like every other person living in the halls. Surprise, surprise I awoke muscles that I figured left town long ago! Recently I observed the group of people who paddle and I realized this IS my kind of physical therapy and I can not wait to actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment