Tuesday, October 3, 2017

It can happen to anyone

After one night 100's of people will suddenly have the challenge of living their lives with a challenge. A disability really can happen to anyone at any time. I WILL find the way to reach the people who were injured at the country concert in Las Vegas. How? I will first call the Independent living Centers and I will then locate the names of the hospitals. These people will have a long journey and I know if this country music lover in a wheelchair who attends concerts makes herself available people will call. It will just take a little research, a little resourcefulness, and a little reaching out to locate these fellow "countrymen." In time many of them will have to take plane rides home. That could be a real awakening for those whose injuries are quite severe. My type of help will be completely surprising- I'm not a doctor just a rehabilitation counselor with a life-long disability. I will probably be met with resistance but there will probably be a few receptive people. "I will help people overcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment