Sunday, October 15, 2017

The expo experience

I've gone to these events for at least 4 years in a row. I received $500 from a company once that was when I did outreach for a disabled sports nonprofit. The year after was nothing and last year resulted in a local television show spot. This year remains to be seen. I had a better strategy- I shared information on different disability issues and am following up with a specific outline for my meetings. This call to action will either result in bookings or not. If not I am deciding that there is no interest in this topic. I did speak to a local supported employment program about educating workers about disabled workers. They seemed to like that idea. I hope to hear from a local entrepreneur winner who will be planning an inclusive café- something I've always wanted to be involved with and just may get the chance. While I don't like to give up, I think that these events are best for established businesses not entrepreneurs- I'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment