Saturday, November 18, 2017

Lancaster helping Lancaster

Every year we have what is called "The Extraordinary Give." This is a huge computerized telethon in which people contribute to our many non-profits. Yesterday I volunteered for the event and was really amazed how nice people could be. I saw hundreds of good people who cared and that is not something we see everyday. It is a staple to my county and it works- they made over $8 million, however I am not comfortable asking for money- reciprocity is my style so now I am organizing a variety of educational programs to offer knowledge about disabled veterans, and the kayaks program. I figure most people know someone who was in the military so I think this topics will be worthwhile. Since a picture is worth a thousand words the film of the kayak paddling will be of interest. In this way we are giving before we are getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment