Monday, November 27, 2017

"Thank you for your Service"

I was looking forward to this movie but I was also apprehensive. Either I thought it would be bombs and guns going off or it would be continued illustrations of people's legitimate frustrations / anger about the system. Instead, the audience followed the lives of four guys upon their discharges. It was really insightful, informative and interesting. At the conclusion I spoke to a veteran and he thought the show was well done. I hope this brings some awareness to society. The title was perfect because so many people think showing appreciation is saying the five words. Unless they are a family member or a close friend to a veteran consequences are rarely understood. I especially enjoyed the part where one man, who was having serious flashbacks, said he'd rather have a physical injury so people would better understand him. Seeing is still believing and the invisible disability PTSD can be more disabling than an amputation. Society must continue to bring awareness to the forefront particularly in the vocational realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment