Thursday, November 15, 2018

Grievances

I just cleared up a problem with my insurance and ambulance company. I paid for something that was waived so I needed to do some advocacy. Then while the lady was on I asked her what my screen looks like regarding grievances. She read a few that I never filed and had nothing to do with. Apparently I made a formal complaint to Coventry that I wasn't getting the rehabilitation center I wanted and I phoned them from the hospital. I received a letter of refusal when I came home so I called to clarify things but I did not expect strong documentation written blaming me. Then I was never assigned the case worker to help me get a new wheelchair. I never requested one and the issue was dropped by Coventry but it was also documented. Self-advocacy is crucial and nobody checks on what's written on the other end. It's supposed to be objected but actually it's not just subjective but it's made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment