Sunday, November 4, 2018

(un)missed chance

Last week was the PADES Conference which stands for Pennsylvania Disability Employment Summit. I felt badly about not going especially since it was in Harrisburg, practically the next town over. However, after reading the agenda carefully I decided to reach out to many of the speakers by writing letters to them. I wonder how many people will be doing that and commenting on each of their topics. I may get more attention from some of them than if I met them in person there. I will benefit from their views on my idea of employer outreach for the purpose of exchanging information on disability and establishing relationships for future job placements- not to immediately make job placements for consumers. Last time I mentioned my idea at a conference the speaker said it was an interesting idea. After such a comment I knew it had to be implemented. Who knows where it will lead. I'll never know until I try - 16 more emails (all of which I will have to call individually).

No comments:

Post a Comment