Saturday, November 24, 2018

Wheelchairs aren't automobiles

When Dodge decides to update then eliminate old models it frustrating if the part is no longer in stock- it usually can be ordered from somewhere. However when Invacare decides to update then eliminate an older model that can be a disaster. People who buy a certain model do for a reason and it's rarely for aesthetic reasons. I have jus discovered that there is absolutely no power chair on the market with shorter foot pedals. The new version not only has longer foot pedals but also an entirely different structure! I can not believe how completely ignored my issue is; I can't be the only one is this predicament. In fact I know people in this situation but they just quietly deal because there is no incentive to cater to a person with short legs but is not a dwarf. I am so tired of able-bodied people (my parents) saying that I'm inflexible. I drive in my chair so I am risking an accident if I am not securely sitting in my chair while at the steering wheel. The good thing is I di not make a purchase, went through three appointments and they all conclude with undeserving judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment