Monday, December 31, 2018

An exercise in exercising

The resolutions many people make are about dieting and exercising; often they are the two parts of a bigger one- living healthier. A few weeks ago I switched wheelchairs and had no choice but to gain strength. Usually it comes naturally with transferring but this time is different. Because I must use my arms to get around I got concerned; I've lost a ton of tone in my arm muscles. For months I've been watching past General Hospital episodes and lifting weights (mostly because I was bored just watching). Now I listen to political news, podcasts, new country music, and General Hospital. I know it helps maybe not a lot but it certainly can't hurt. I actually look forward to my exercises and my transfers. My need to always be occupied and not be focused is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment