Saturday, July 4, 2015

Wheeling with new wheels

I'm really working hard at getting attendance for this event. I volunteered at a July 4th picnic to put out some flyers. When I arrived I was instructed to put some flyers on a table under a tent. I went to the location but it was too passive for me to do it that way. I visited a few of the tents and had wonderful conversations with people in each one. I now know people from more groups and already have in mind connections I can make for others. I was never comfortable with putting something on a community bulletin board or calling the media. Now I must work on making a sheet with my various disability programs and also getting a bit of an introduction together. Otherwise people may just come in, turn around, and leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment