Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wheeling with new wheels

I visited my provider for the second time since I got this new wheelchair. The entire chair was too high and I was certain that this was not what was ordered. Well I wanted to compare the order form written with the order form that came with the chair from Invacare. I was shown Invacare's and noticed that the description chart was horrendous! My provider told me that the company doesn't even offer a description! The form said "low" for the height requirement WHAT? I still say Invacare sent what they had in stock that was most similar. The service man (definitely not his fault) found a way to lower the seat 1 inch and it feels fine. What a nightmare that was for four months! I thought I could just get used to it but in this case it was dangerous to do that since I kept losing my balance, dressing took twice as long and bathrooming took at least 30 minutes and I couldn't put my entire body on the bowl because then I'd never be able to transfer back.

No comments:

Post a Comment