Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Wheeling with new wheels

I met a 20 year old man with some learning challenges. He was playing the heck out of a piano everywhere he could in downtown Lancaster PA. I talked with him and he told me how much he loves playing, can't afford formal lessons, but can play by ear. I thought for a moment and gave him the name of a man I know who directs the theater program at Millersville University and is really involved with helping to get people with challenges involved in the arts. I had seen him once since I met him but not again so I was ready to touch base with him. I just found out that, due to the connection I gave him, he is now involved in a wonderful music program at Millersville. He must be thrilled. I never saw someone quite as motivated, now he may be on the right path. All it takes is motivation- that's not a lot to ask for, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment