Sunday, May 22, 2016

Wheeling with new wheels

My new "home" feels like home. I will have some challenges like getting on and off the shower bench and parking backwards since there's no curb cut near my door, but basically I'm not letting those things impact my new life. The good far outweighs anything else. I made some good connections at the event yesterday so I think I'll start as a simple awareness program and maybe later focus on the vocational aspect, by then I will be established; it will still be considered a unique venture. I may even work in York with NAMI. They have a grant which requires a physical disability perspective- I definitely have that. This week I'll plan my 2 segments on TV, I met a man from Lititz Recreation who works with disabled people regularly. The key is to be busy enough and positive enough to not let my parents pessimism and past problems impact the present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment