Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wheeling with new wheels

I attended a program on fundraising. These dedicated non-profit staff from around the area did not sit or talk with me. Yes, I was busy when I came to the table but since it was a long one, there was no need to interact- so no one did! I was not happy about that factor. Then this expert spoke about organizing and balancing one's life and being as efficient and effective as possible. He then made a concerted effort to let people know the importance of getting to know your donors and appreciate their contributions. Does that information really require special knowledge from a college degree? I was so disappointed and astounded. Perhaps I may benefit one day from reading his blog; surely the presentation did not offer anything of importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment