Friday, December 23, 2016

Trying a New Transfer

A message I've been repeating over and over is "you know yourself best/ you're the expert on you." I have been learning new ways to do old things, exercising body parts I didn't think mattered, and trusting people more. 1) I haven't used a board to transfer in a long time; it's long, heavy, narrow, and thick so I expected it to be more of a problem then a solution. It turns out that in some cases it does help, especially when I'm being helped by the CNA's. I was sure my legs, which haven't worked in 30 years were useless. Instead I understand how they do effect my transfers. Some exercising of them is a good thing. 3) I have managed independently for years. No one was around at all so I figured it all out or it didn't get done. I am starting to allow CNA's & therapists to do it their way, "if you can't beat them join them." Sometimes I surprise myself and other.

No comments:

Post a Comment