Tuesday, December 20, 2016

You Know You

Many times professionals insist on following the standard procedure even though it makes absolutely no sense for your case. On a few occasions people tried to show compassion and lied to make you feel better. That made it so much worse. 2 example are my getting to the hospital and my getting to the rehab. Story 1- The surgery was scheduled for 5am so I figured I'd go to the hotel the night before then take the hospital shuttle which goes there anyway. Suddenly I was told the shuttle won't pick me up nor would it go that early. WHAT? then some no-name lady said don't worry just do it anyway and call this number or this number it will be fine. I said all along I'd bypass the hospital and sleep sitting up. Guess what we did? Story 2- Transport to the on-campus rehab center was more than willing to deliver me but not my wheelchair. WHAT? I knew the shuttle would take my chair with anyone but me (who needs it) inside. The caseworker said they'd make arrangements as soon as possible. Not good enough because no one knew when that would be. So I instructed mom to sit in my chair and take a shuttle ride while I went with the EMS. We all arrived at the same time and all worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment