Friday, July 7, 2017

New Possibilities

The disability awareness project is enabling me to meet to people, learn new options, and enjoy new experiences. Each day that I'm there, kids who I never would think would be interested, saw another kid in the chair wheeling around and asked if they could try. I met grad students from Franklin and Marshall who are surveying kids about autism. I spoke with them about collaborating and they were interested. I met a volunteer who is a film student and said he'd help me create a short film on disability to give to the Lancaster Foundation facebook site. I spoke with the lady who runs the STEM program during the year and asked if I'd like to give a 90 minute class on disability. Whenever I try something new I do my best to shape it around my situation. I'm confident this is a good but unique idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment