Saturday, July 1, 2017

Support

I just met with The Lancaster County Foundation and was pleasantly surprised. They are willing to slowly infuse the disability component into some of what they do. They do so much and are so well received that just finding a little opening is enough for now. It will gain momentum eventually and I have so many ideas I can keep trying different ones. I came up with snippets on their facebook account. This would begin with a film of inaccessible things around town but seeing them as tongue and cheek. It is important that I don't come across as "The Angry Wheelchair." I want people to see that I look at the flip side of life rather than complain. Hopefully I will get the chance to do a disability program with the "Disability Dialogue" film and "Working on Wheels" with people who volunteer for the experience. The key is slow, positive, and interactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment