Thursday, January 24, 2019

My Back yard

For years I felt like I was getting nowhere with disability programs to the extent I was ready to leave. I then decided to focus on writing my ideas on a website and sharing it with support group leaders from other states. Today I spent the day emailing 52 SILC representatives. I then attended a business networking function. Sure it felt uncomfortable throughout but everyone I met treated me with respect and after talking about Disability Dialogue I offered them ideas to further their work. I am feeling genuinely hopeful to the extent that I may be able to form a group and do a few events in Lancaster. I am glad for my tenacity, and said it allowed enough times to finally make it happen. Wayne Dyer said "better" doesn't mean you are better than someone else it means you are better than you were yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment