Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wheeling with new wheels

I connected with an established non profit for the purpose of getting my name out. Not only is that happening but I am facilitating a very likely funding request for them. In the past the program was turned down but now with my program on board and more disability projects in the works, I think they will be more receptive. I am eager to use this as an example of how helping another really does help oneself. It is not a typical non-profit but adding a disability component to their existing programs seems to be a good way of broadening horizons of the kids they serve and the community they serve. Some of my plans include: Disability Awareness Day, Working on Wheels, Shopping on Wheels, Wheelchair Basketball, Kids Zone, Matching Legs, Cain of Challenges Newsletter, and school disability programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment