Sunday, December 20, 2015

Wheeling with new wheels - networking by volunteering

I volunteered in a gift wrapping booth for an agency. I felt pretty useless cause I knew I couldn't do the job but I was told I could distribute literature. So I showed up and sat with the cash box. I then realized I could fold boxes. I did a few but it was really really slow. I then mentioned Infobility and the Chili coookoff- who knows. Helping other groups with their holidays events is a good means of networking. Chamber Mixers are not the only means of learning what else exists in the community. Those events require that the person is social and outgoing. This is not the method for everyone. Business groups are expensive and require that you have contacts to share in order to promote someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment