Monday, December 21, 2015

Wheeling with new wheels- motivation

Appearantly my Infobility speech wasn't as bad as I thought. I got a message from someone who has many consumers looking to be more active. She heard my talk and wants me to do a program on motivation for her office. I never thought something good would come out of the experience since my timing was so off. It's exciting for me to reach an untapped resource. I think this topic is so very unique for most people they will consider. The system is arranged so that people with disabilities do not have to be motivation. Everything is optional so if someone doesn't want to be involved participated that is unfortunate because in our society we do not usually get a pass on life tasks. If there was no interest in daily tasks (cooking, cleaning, household chores, shopping, working etc.) and there was no money to hire someone else to do those tasks, families would be in decline and other concerns would be investigated.

No comments:

Post a Comment