Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Advocacy

I resumed my "fight" with Invacare after I proved that neither the evaluator nor the provider were at fault for the height of my seat. I suspected this from the beginning but I decided to do the leg work and acquire a hard copy of the evaluation. Then I wrote to the guys from Invacare who I met at the Abilities Expo in May. They asked for the reason for "my quality control comment and also why would it effect you?" I couldn't even dignify those questions with an answer. Are they that dumb or are they that far removed from the implications of their products? I live in for 14 hours a day OF COURSE it upsets me. Furthermore, I have serious problems with this chair due to their negligence! I reread the article about the FDA citations yet again then I wrote a letter and emailed copies to the experts mentioned in the article AND I tracked down the Radiology and Health Division of the FDA (they sanctioned the company and then added to them since Invacare did nothing to take care of the issue the first time. I now have contacts with some good people and I'll soon get consumers involved. This will be interesting an interesting journey- At the very least, Invacare will be forced to deal with a few consequences from their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment