Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Infobility update

My program is steadily gaining traction, I have a few presentations and activities planned. Thursday is a big one with the managers of the Amish Suites, Millers Smorgasbord, and Plain & Fancy Restaurant. I am actually looking forward to it because it's a topic I know well, it's not commonly discussed, and I'm passionate about it. Hopefully this 1 program will lead to other big ones, like with HR departments, diversity programs, and employers. I also have a few other things planned including wheelchair basketball games and events with other agencies in October. The recognition program for employers should be like the Next Steps one years ago. The one with the special needs lawyer will be interesting; she'll take the lead and find me a new audience of parents with mainly housing issues. I continue to give her contacts so I'm doing my part. The website is still a disaster but I'll eventually get a competent person with a disability too work on it. I may also make a facebook video- that was easy to do the first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment