Saturday, August 27, 2016

Condescention

It's horrific when it's being done by one's own parents! They will never learn so I give up and ignore them. That works until they start telling you, you should not do something that you know you could. My 1st cousin was just born and there's a Jewish ceremony for him. I was asked to go and I fully expected to, then my dad gets on the line with why I should not make the long and dangerous drive. I got tired of listening to him drone on and on so I just agreed not to attend. Then in an email Mom backs him up and says you can see the baby at Thanksgiving (when it's convenient for everyone) so I just ignore her, too many good things are starting to work out for me. I missed out on 3/4 of my life because they decided I should not do something, then I lost all confidence in myself as a result. Well, you know what? I WILL see the baby and I'll see him before they will. If her brother doesn't call me to hear my plans they will be answering the phone and I will be in the yard tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment