Saturday, December 23, 2017

Deal only in solutions

It's fine to ponder a problem but don't perseverate - move on to the solution. If it's a wheelchair related problem, rather than calling your provider, consider "outside the box" solutions. I spent over a year advocating due to a wheelchair that did not fit my needs. I analyzed it and contacted the evaluator, the provider, the manufacturer and a company reporter. What happened was)lack of responsibility, 2)defensiveness, 3)being reprimanded for my questions. I learned of the serious consequences companies hide and people endure from faulty equipment. My story was that my seat was too high for my right leg so I couldn't safely lean over to get dressed, drive, or transfer on and off public toilets. I was instructed to call my provider and called 3 different places each had the same non-reaction. I finally decided to visit my local Home Depot. In the time it took to re-explain the situation 3 times, the solution was being developed....at no cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment