Monday, December 25, 2017

T.R.R = Tenacity. Risk. Results

TRR is Team River Runner but now it also stands for Tenacity. Risk. Results There's a grant for "Employer Focused Employment" and I feel compelled to create a program because it's my passion, funding cuts will decrease vocational agency help, the way it is designed now is not logical, it is my passion. I am not sure TRR will be interested in it as a grant but they do a bit on the vocational end so I can sell them on this as another vocational program. A good counselor is all about facilitating natural supports in the workplace so the professional can back away. Therefore, it makes more sense for support to come from within the company and the individual is empowered to do it independently rather than have an outside rehabilitation agency come into a workplace. I always believed employers should receive two things: 1)A basic under standing of disability. 2)A basic understanding of accommodations. I have the tenacity (I don't quit), I will take the risk (by creating a website for this program), and results will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment