Wednesday, December 13, 2017

New experience

It wasn't new for me however it was for the worker. I got my hair washed and cut. First I was asked if the person I came with was going to help me. I said no I brought him and he's getting a haircut too. I didn't feel it was an appropriate question to ask. Then the girl assumed washed meant using a water bottle to wet it. She stopped at her station waiting for me as I wheeled to the sinks. I explained that it's been done before but the shape of the sink made it hard. At one point I considered getting my bangs cut. I gave her encouragement all along and eventually she was smiling. It was an education for her and she said she never before had someone who used a wheelchair. I am glad it was a good experience for him but sometimes I get tired of be a teacher and also getting odd questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment