Monday, January 15, 2018

Full Circle

I began my professional life implementing a disability awareness grant from Pennsylvania Developmental Disability Council and I'm going to end it implementing a grant from the Pennsylvania Disability Council. I say "end" because this project will happen no matter what and it will continue forever. It will be the king of project grantors like since they always seek projects that will share outcomes with other groups, be collaborative, and grow. As long as it receives some kind of support it will go on. At some point the program directors who underestimated my abilities and refused to alter their programs will notice that there is one that is successful and being done backwards. That was a main issue that no one understood when I explained the problem. They continued to have a consumer focus (that's not even how the world works) I proposed that it be employer focused. It will begin small and gain traction, eventually holding supportive groups like they have in Philadelphia for 17 + years.

No comments:

Post a Comment