Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wheelchair advocacy

I just read a book called "The Best Year of Your Life" and I need to re-evaluate my skills and interests. I am spinning my wheels when it comes to educating employers so I will shift focus for awhile. I need to get some answers from the insurances, providers, and manufacturers regarding their lack of ethics. Who decides a wheelchair will not be covered by insurance and therefore will not be manufactured. Most importantly why is this a secret and why are consumers made to feel stupid that the chair received IS the one ordered when they know it's not? I don't think these questions are even considered let alone asked. If professionals are just going to continue as they will, and I suspect they will and get even more dishonest and even fewer types of wheelchairs will be available and even more consumer's concerns will be ignored. This time I will not be alone because I asked The Spinal Network, who I wrote an article for about this, to connect me with other intelligent consumers. This will not be a typical healthcare battle it will be an organized investigation and I'm sure it will take professionals by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment