Sunday, August 5, 2018

Concerned Veterans 4 America

A first I was quite disappointed with the non-profit. I was asked to contact veterans and ask them to talk to legislative offices about appointing Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court. What is wrong with that? I know that my time could be spent on many bigger issues. I would just succeed in angering veterans and they were not actively involved in the vote anyway. I told the lady in charge...I'm glad I did. She is going to start some real advocacy campaigns that have nothing to do with the court appointments and everything to do with education on advocating for issues. I will have the opportunity to meet people and they will have the chance to vent. I am really looking forward to letting them feel that their voices count. All of this is because I got involved with Team River Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment