Thursday, August 30, 2018

Connecting people is valuable

"Everyone counts." Everyone knows something we don't and everyone knows someone we don't. "Helping someone else is the best way to help ourselves." With those thoughts in mind I came up with a meaningful activity that can be a win-win for everyone involved. As expected/ unfortunately the vet expo yesterday was not well attended. I spoke to almost everyone and the over whelming response, and based on what I saw, there were not many consumers interested in working. Sure I could tout my booklet "Welcoming Disabled Employees into the workplace" and I did but that wasn't enough. These employers needed to find workers first. Since recruitment, retention, return on investment is the purpose of my manuscript, I will offer to put companies in touch with employees. As a former job coach, I can troubleshoot, thus maintaining employment (job retention). Once the first two are addressed the third issue is also, an employer won't keep an employee unless there is return on investment. In particular there was a Vice President of Human Resources for a 60 year old veteran owned company For over 60 years that has a 70,000 square foot distribution center with an inventory 45,000+ products. The businesses interested in my booklet and follow-up presentations will send donations to Team River Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment