Friday, October 26, 2018

Wheeling through 2019

I wanted to offer something to remind people that October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month. A few times in the past I created a calendar and I enjoyed deciding the most useful information to share. Most people need new ones in December anyway so I created one. Each month begins with a disability topic or a story of a person with a disability who is working. Hopefully this project will give people some incentive to learn more on the topic. The type of information on the calendar centers around employment of people with disabilities. The incentives for hiring, hiring myths, hiring veterans, some financial incentives, stereotypes, communication, and empowerment. The stories inspire and display people with challenges in optimistic lights. A welcome residual is that I generate some interest in Infobility, my ongoing disability awareness work.

No comments:

Post a Comment