Wednesday, October 17, 2018

the flip side of my broken leg

I opened a door then wheeled down quite a high step. I just finished a hospital stay, surgery, and rehab. Now my getting around will be painful, slow, and home-bound. I've been racking my brain to figure out the lesson from all of this. Usually experiences like these have hidden meanings. Two professionals are interested in hearing my take on employment for people with disabilities. Two administrators are interested in my solution to training disability sensitivity to CNA's. I have another chance with the head social worker at Lancaster Rehabilitation. That's where I wanted to create a support group. I have another chance with a director of Bayada Home Health Care. That's who I wanted to support my Do-It-Yourself-Disability Booklet. I will pursue each and every avenue carefully because this is a whole new list of contacts. The broken leg may be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment