Thursday, November 20, 2014

Workout and weight loss on wheels- walking

Everyone I talk to about fitness and weight loss... Everything I read about exercise and weight loss... consider the act of walking to be the most fundamental basic activity, as if it's a given. When I tell people "that won't work for me since I use a wheelchair to ambulate" they're at a loss for a few seconds. I have never given any personal thought to not walking and I never think to myself "What if I walked." I never did except with braces and a walker and a tremendous amount of energy. It was not at all functional. Even the programs that exist for people with disabilities assumes one has more physical ability than I do. That is why I am more determined than ever to enroll in a fitness program and lose weight .... all from my motorized wheelchair. 0

No comments:

Post a Comment