Sunday, November 16, 2014

Workout and weight loss on wheels- nutrition

The other half of a healthy lifestyle is nutrition. I have spent months reading and studying up on weight loss programs. There are so many people with different views. The bottom line includes the following points: control your portions, do not eat processed foods, fried foods, fast foods, fatty foods, alcohol, caffeine, soda, sugar substitutes, extra sugar, extra salt, and there is more. To lose weight can be a very complicated, undesirable, and difficult undertaking but I will try to simplify a few points as I follow them. The best incentive to begin a fitness regimen is because stronger muscles help the process along. For example, in order to lose 1 pound a week you must eat 500 fewer calories a week. However, if you exercise regularly you only have to cut 250 calories a week. One person whose books I have found clear is Bob Harper of the television show "The Biggest Loser." I will write down some strategies he offers. One thing is for sure regardless what information one follows- a good attitude is a large part of the battle. I do not expect it to be easy but one thing I know, as a person who wheels through life, things get easier so quitting is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment