Thursday, January 26, 2017

Great option

The Pennsylvania Planning Disabilities Council has a great opportunity for an individual to get funded. People can dial in and listen to other people's projects. I wonder how many projects I will be listening to but I am eagerly awaiting 1pm. Perhaps some groups who were not awarded grants. I was considering introducing Vocational Venues in which businesses watch a video and discuss concerns about hiring people with challenges. I'd bring up tax incentives and examples of reasonable accommodations. Then I was thinking of something related to Team River Runner. I am not really approved yet as an "Outreach Coordinator." My third idea helps veterans even more directly. I would offer to create a booklet of resources and concrete suggestions to provide a veteran with the resources needed as well an tools to empower him so he can manage is disability. This idea was also a grant offered by the PPDDC in October. I just hope that I can clearly convey the project so it will get approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment